Sign Up for Email Alerts
Mercury Learning and Information
All Stylus E-Books
E-Books by Subject
E-Book Exam Copy
Request Exam Copy
Request Desk Copy
Blogs & Communities
Request Email Alerts
Modern Iron Making Handbook
R. H. Tupkary
V. R. Tupkary
Hardback: 978 1 68392 136 3 / $49.95
Published: September 2017
E-Book: 978 1 68392 137 0 / $34.95
Published: August 2017
Mercury Learning & Information
7" x 9"
MLI Handbook Series
This book comprehensively deals with all of the key topics of iron making including blast furnace plants, operations and processes, raw materials, preparation, chemical processes, and more. It includes the latest information on US and global iron making statistics, published by the USGS. The book is full of illustrative examples and diagrams, charts, and figures to make complex concepts easy to understand.
• Includes latest USGS information, tables, and statistics for US and global production
• Deals with all of the key topics of iron making including blast furnace plants, operations and processes, raw materials, preparation, chemical processes, and more
Table of Contents:
2. Modern Blast Furnace Plant and Processes.
3. Raw Materials for Iron Making.
4. Main Blast Furnace Fuel: Coke.
5. Distribution of Traditional Burden.
6. Burden Preparation: Treatment of Iron Ores.
7. Burden Preparation: Agglomeration and Sintering.
8. Burden Preparation: Agglomeration and Pelletization.
9. Characterization of BF Charge Materials.
10. Physical-Thermal-Chemical Processes in a Blast Furnace.
11. Construction of a Blast Furnace and its Accessories.
12. Blast Furnace Products: Blast Furnace Gas Cleaning and Utilization.
13. Blast Furnace Operation.
14. Irregularities in Blast Furnace Operation and Their Remedies.
15. Blast Furnace Products -- Slag and Metal.
16. Impact of Burden Preparation and Distribution on Blast Furnace Performance.
17. Modern Blast Furnace Design and Practice.
18. Blast Furnace Operational Control.
19. Alternatives to Blast Furnace: I -- Low-Shaft and Charcoal Furnace.
20. Alternative Routes of Iron Production: II--Electro-Thermal Processes.
21. Alternative Routes of Iron Production: III --Sponge Iron Production.
22. Alternatives to Blast Furnace: IV-- Smelting Reduction (Sr) Processes.
Appendix A: Iron Ore In The U.S (March 2017).
Appendix B: Iron and Steel (U.S. and World).
Appendix C: Iron and Steel Slag (January 2017).
Appendix D: Bibliography.
Related Titles by Subject:
Manufacturing & Production
Blogs & Communities
© 2017 Stylus Publishing, LLC Prices and descriptions subject to change without notice.